Public Relations and Communications Manager
We are seeking a Public Relations and Communications Manager to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable brand image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs. Must have 3+ years prior PR experience in beauty/skincare, fashion or health, wellness and fitness.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can not only write and develop engaging content, but can also help create targeted strategies and use analytics and data to make objective decisions about performance. You will help expand the company's digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads through smart, forward thinking, content creation; and you will work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects at once.
Little Barn Apothecary offers people a healthier, more beautiful way of living. The brand has a vision to empower people to be their best self, naturally. At a time when consumers are looking for alternatives to synthetic and chemical health and beauty solutions, it’s no wonder that Little Barn Apothecary has received strong business momentum since launching in 2015. The product has distribution in national prestige retailers, high-end spas and other well-known outlets, such as Canyon Ranch, The Ritz Carlton, Erewhon and ULTA. The brand has gained strong media support with features in numerous publications such as VOGUE, Marie Claire, Huffington Post and InStyle.
- Coordinating all public relations activities.
- Developing a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- 3+ years prior PR/Media relations experience in beauty/skincare.
- Proven working experience in public relations.
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level.
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience and execution is a must.
Qualified candidates should email resume, coverletter and three professional references to email@example.com